All the governors and staff at Monkwood Primary School share the same objective, to help keep all children safe by contributing to:
- Providing a safe environment for them to learn
- Identifying children who are suffering or likely to suffer significant harm and take appropriate action, with the aim of making sure that they are kept safe both at home and in school.
To achieve this objective, we:
- Aim to prevent unsuitable people from working with the children
- Promote safe practices
- Identify instances where there are concerns about a child’s welfare and take appropriate action to keep them safe
- Contribute to effective partnership working between all those involved in providing services for our children.
The designated teachers for Safeguarding at Monkwood Primary School are;
Ms K. Sherburn (Head Teacher)
Mrs B. Brier (Deputy Headteacher)
Mrs D. Colley