Road Safety Update
The School Council members would like to remind parents and carers that it is also their responsibility to ensure that they park safely, drive slowly and take extra care when driving around school.
Please also think about the people who live close to school and do not block their driveways or access.
We would like to give you a little update on the measures which are being put into place around the school to improve road safety.
- All road markings around the school have been re-painted.
- White H markings have been implemented across the dropped kerbs on both sides of the roads.
- Bus stop marking extension and re-marking of waiting restrictions have been completed.
- A 20 mile an hour speed limited is in force on the roads around the school.
ALL ORDERS PLACED AND AWAITING DELIVERY (HOPEFULLY COMPLETED BY THE END OF MARCH 2021)
- Billy and Belinda bollards will be placed in front of school on Monkwood Road at either side of the pedestrian dropped crossing.
- New and existing bollards will be placed where necessary to prevent footway parking.
- 20 mile an hour speed limited signs to be placed around school.
ONCE SCHOOLS ARE FULLY RE-OPEN
- A traffic survey will be completed by RMBC School Crossing Patrol Service to assess the levels of traffic around school.