School Closure – Friday 2nd March
I hate to admit defeat especially when I know of the inconvenience that closing school for another day will have for you adults. That being said I have to be realistic and keep all our little and big people safe.
We have all seen the BBC weather warnings for tomorrow and can see by looking out of our windows how snowbound folks are. Not only is our school buried under 20cm of snow the side streets are like ice rinks!
As a result, school will be closed on Friday 2nd March. I hope its the right decision and that we don’t wake up to tropical sunshine and a heat wave tomorrow morning.
Your children will have missed 3 days of learning so forgive me for the homework which I am about to set:
- They must go outside and play, play, play
- They must learn the delights of walking through untouched snow and the need to avoid yellow snow
- They must build a snowman (or snow woman….we are all about equal opportunities)
- They must take photos of themselves in wellybobs, hats, warm coats and gloves and then share….we need evidence that they have been working hard!!
- Finally, they must drink hot chocolate and plenty of it as nothing is nicer on a cold snowy day
They must NOT do any more snow dances in the hope that school is closed next week……if caught, dojos will be lost!